Re: The Basement

Post  Sky on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:14 pm

(so we're here)
Sky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Fang: I started walking down the steps. Ever since Dylan started living with us he'd slept down here. It had rather amused me at the time.

Dylan: I heard the door opening at the top up the stairs, but I couldn't see who it was. "Hello? Who's there? Max?" I sat up in my poor excuse for a bed.

Fang: I was still. Dead still. I didn't breathe, I didn't blink, I didn't think.

Dylan: I shrugged it off. Maybe I was imaging things.

Fang: I waited a few more minutes before proceeding. I made sure the steps wouldn't creak with my precision and finally reached the bottom. Lightning shone upon his face and I saw he was asleep. So content. It disgusted me. I walked over to the bed with the black plastic knife. This was going to be satisfying. I grinned as I held up the knife and then let it fall with a force I 'd never felt coming from myself repeatedly.

Dylan: I opened my eyes to see Fang coming at me and...I was gone.

Fang: The job was done. I was right about it being messy but at least he'd hadn't had a chance to yell. I'd gone straight for his heart. Blood soaked the sheets of his bed, my face, my clothes, the floor, probably the walls, and it dripped slowly off the knife. I hid the knife carefully in a pocket making sure it wouldn't fall out and made my way upstairs making sure not to get blood on the carpet.
(To Fang's Room!)
Naomi
Admin

http://ctstgwwsagaec.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 am

Sky: There is a smell of something. Like.......blood?
Sky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Naomi: The smell down there triggered my senses and I almost tripped. I knew that smell all to well. Something was wrong.

Nudge: I walked after Naomi and Sky hoping my eyes would adjust quickly so we could take in the damage and leave. This place had always had that creepo's-gonna-come-up-and-stab-you-in-the-night vibe. I didn't know why Dylan had agreed to stay down here. "Hey Max?" I called. "What's that smell?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximum Ride on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:18 am

Max: I followed all of them down into the basement. I could smell a strong odor that was familiar, but I was having difficulties placing where I had encountered it. I knew that whatever it was that it was bad. "I'm not sure Nudge," I answered honestly while I was racking my brain to put a name or description to the smell.

(hehe. I think this is my longest reply on here. *round of applause*.....that's sad -.-)
Maximum Ride

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 pm

(*claps for Max and hugs her* lolz)

Naomi: I stepped down after Sky. She seemed shocked into silence and when I stared into the room I was as well. There was red everywhere. Splattered like paint. On a bed in the center of the room lay a body as limp as a doll. I think his name was Dylan. I walked over to examine him more closely. The wounds that covered his body were sloppy and deep, one right in his chest too. There was no chance he was alive but I took his hand anyway gently. It was freezing. "He's been dead a while..." I whispered back to the others. "Maybe an hour." I stared at the face. The look of terror stung me. I suddenly felt exposed and vunerable. Trapped. I turned around helplessly.

Nudge: I followed Naomi. None of them spoke when they reached the bottom and I wondered what the hold up was until I saw. "Dylan?" I murmured. My mouth dropped into an O shape.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Sky: I couldn't look. I may have only known him for a while and he was weird, but it's still sad to see anyone die.Unless it's a whitecoat. Dylan I think his name was, yeah that's it. I found the blanket next to his bed and covered him up like I've seen others do. "What should we do?" I asked not looking at anyone.
Sky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Naomi: I looked at Max solemnly.

Nudge: I wanted to run back upstairs.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximum Ride on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:58 am

Max: I stared at an abnormally large splatter of blood that was on the wall farthest from me. I made sure that my eyes didn't stray over to the lifeless corpse of Dylan. What I really wanted to do was to close my eyes, but that seemed extremely childish, so I just continued to stare at the wall as if there was something that was absorbing all of my attention. I turned instinctively to look at Sky when I heard her question. Damn it. My eyes stayed riveted on the blanket that had blood on it. The blanket that was covering something that no one should have to see. After a short delay, I tore my gaze away and looked at Sky and the others. What should we do? I asked myself the same question because I wanted to know the same thing. "What should we do?" I repeated the question in my head, without noticing that I had also muttered under my breath. Once I realized that, I also realized they had heard me. I cleared my throat before I spoke, "We need to find out who did this," I spoke calmly, but I was everything but calm. There was probably something else that we needed to do as well, but I couldn't think of anything but finding who had done this.

(Wow. This reply totally took me an hour to compose. It is now my life's work. Enjoy ^.^)
Maximum Ride

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Naomi: I sniffed the air. The smell of deteriorating flesh was still apparent. I looked up at Max as she answered Sky's question. "Yeah..." I agreed quietly. I went over the possibilities in my head. We were in a rather secluded area so it couldn't have been someone from outside. Angel, Nudge, Fang, Iggy, and Max. Sky was with me the whole time so she couldn't have done anything... although she did leave to go into the kitchen. My brows scrunched up at the thought. No, Sky wouldn't do something like that. At least the Sky I knew. I tried to let that accusation fade telling myself I was being silly and that she had the least chance of having murder Dylan than any of the others did. Angel... Well she could read minds so it would be very easy for her to plan it out. She also had that whole innocent thing about her that would lead her from suspicion. She was young and sweet... and well her name was Angel! Nudge. What I had seen of her she had such a good heart. It made me sad to think so lowly of her but I suppose we all have our dark days. Fang. He hadn't really liked Dylan. I picked up that much. He was quiet though and naturally composed. He was also kind of cute I had to admit. It was possible that he hated Dylan enough to...well yeah. Iggy. He was like Nudge. He seemed really pure to me. He was blind too so I'm not sure how easily he could have pulled that off, but there was the chance that he knew this place so he could navigate. His blindness could have driven him to insanity. And Max. I was torn about her. That vibe she gave off to me made me want to bare my teeth at her. There was just something. I almost forgot about the dog. Total they had called him. He didn't have particularly sharp teeth though. I could knock him off my list. I seriously felt my world start spinning. Their really wasn't anyone I could trust anymore besides myself. I wanted to trust Sky so badly but I couldn't get it out of my mind that she had the time to go through with it... Sky was all I had though. "Sky was with me so she couldn't have done it." I let the words fall out of my mouth. Whether she did murder this Dylan guy or not, I was on her side. The smell was starting to make me feel sick when I realized when the body had been covered for such an amount of time the smell should have had enough time to rise, but it was only getting stronger. "Nudge, I think you should go upstairs." I was eying a corner of the room.

Nudge: "Um...okay..." I glanced at Max before heading back up and waiting. I felt unsafe so I didn't go out into the hall but rather the top of the stairs just so I couldn't see anything.

(Ha. Razz <3)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Sky: I couldn't figure out who did it. Iggy- he's blind but can see because of Naomi, still I didn't hear anything. Nudge- She seems too sweet to do anything like that. Angel- she can read minds, ya never know... Max- she's the leader, not much to say. Fang- the silent guy, I could tell there was tension between them. Total- he's a dog, need i say more. Naomi probably didn't do it, she might be cautious about Max but Dylan didn't do anything to upset her. Dylan probably wouldn't kill himself, didn't he love Max or something like that. He wouldn't want to leave her. Yet again, sometimes people, or in this case mutant people, can go crazy and do things they don't mean to do. The smell of blood was starting to overwhelm the air. And rotting flesh? EWWW. Water was starting to get in. Thus making us stand in a puddle. One question still wandered my mind. "Where is the guy Gazzy you were talking about?" I haven't seen him since we busted down the kitchen wall.He was apparently Iggy's Best friend. Maybe a white coat killed Dylan? Eraser?
Sky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Naomi: I walked over toward the corner. There was a closet there. I cautiously opened the door to it and drowned in the smell. My eyes started to water and I kept coughing, gagging, and choking until I covered my mouth with my arm. The air made me gut retch and writhe. I felt like I was in a morgue just soaking up the oxygen that held the dead close to itself. I walked into the closet despite all this. Someone had to see it after all. "Gazzy... was he like 10?" I looked at the body of a small blond boy propped up against the wall. His death hadn't been as messy. Just one wound in his chest. He must have been dead longer than Dylan. Maybe 5 hours. "Did he have blond hair?" I continued. My eyes were now watering from something other than the smell. I moved closer to the boy and stared into his soulless eyes. "Blues eyes and pale skin." I brushed some of the hair out of his eyes. I touched his hands which were still firmly clasped against the fatal wound. His hands were so cold. No more blood ran through the veins of this child. It was one thing to kill someone Dylan's age but a defenseless child. Silent sobs racked my body as the smell initially had.

Nudge: I heard something about Gazzy. Naomi was describing him and I wonder how she knew all that about him when she hadn't even met him.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximum Ride on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:05 am

Max: I watched as Naomi walked over to the closet. I couldn't see what it was that she was looking at, but she seemed to be greatly disturbed by whatever it was. What I wanted to do and what I needed to do were two different things. What I wanted to do was to find who had done this to Dylan. What I needed to do was see what had peaked Naomi's interest. I also needed to make sure that the rest of the Flock was safe. Another thing that I wanted to do, but wouldn't be able to, was to get away from everyone else and just think. To attempt to sort things out and to clear my brain of all the information that it was attempting to process all at once. That was the ideal thing to do, but not necessarily the right thing to do. I looked down and saw water on the ground. Water that was quickly pooling up and rising from the continuous rainfall that was happening outside. I sighed again, just another problem to fix. I looked up again and saw that Naomi was still absorbed in looking inside the closet. I wondered to myself what was so fascinating about the closet. I decided to move closer in order to get a clear view of whatever it was that kept Naomi so preoccupied. I moved closer to her, but as I did, I felt that each step forward was weighing me down. My feet shuffled forward and I was surprised that I was able to move them at all. I was also surprised that I didn't trip on anything because of the way that I was walking. Instead of looking at the closet and what was keeping Naomi transfixed, I stared at my feet and silently thought to myself 'Right, left, right, left...' as each foot moved forward. As I got closer and closer to Naomi, I realized that I probably didn't want to know what was in the closet. If it was enough to keep Naomi looking and looking, it most likely wasn't anything that was good. And then I realized what she had said when she had opened the closet door. Something that I hadn't noticed before because of the fact that I had been so concerned with my own thoughts in my own head. I thought back on the first thing that had been said. It had been from Sky. She had asked where Gazzy was. Her exact words had been "Where is the guy Gazzy you were talking about?". A good question. Something that I should have been able to answer, but wasn't able to. I realized that neither Sky nor Naomi had met Gazzy as far as I had known. I frowned at the fact that I hadn't noticed that he wasn't there before now. The fact that it had to be pointed out before I noticed was something that bothered me immensely. I should have realized that he wasn't there. What had been the first thing that Naomi had said when she opened the closet door? I glared at the ground as I kept walking, one foot in front of the other, trying to think of what it had been. And then I remembered all of what she had said after she had opened the closet door. "Gazzy... was he like 10?" She had paused for a few seconds before she had continued. "Did he have blond hair?" Another pause. Longer than the first had been. "Blues eyes and pale skin." I had reached Naomi and was standing right next to her, still looking at the floor. But I knew what was in that closet. I felt as though I had plunged into some ice-cold water. A part of me wanted to look, just out of pure curiosity. Another part of me wanted to either stay looking at the floor or run out of the basement. The second one seemed more favorable, but I knew that I needed to. Even if it was just to confirm what I had already known. My head slowly came up, my eyes taking even longer to both look at what needed to be seen and to register what they were looking at. I had thought that putting the pieces together of what she had said was like plunging into the ice-cold water. But having it confirmed with my own two eyes seemed to be ten times worse--if not more. But I couldn't look away, as much as I wanted to. His eyes were what kept me captivated. I stared at the wide blue eyes that looked shocked. The last thing that they had possibly done was look at their killer. I knew that these same shocked ocean blue eyes would never twinkle again when their owner laughed. I couldn't look at any other part of his body, even though I wanted to, my eyes were almost hypnotized. I reached forward and touched his arm. His arm that was colder than the ice-cold water. Something that seemed to be the final confirmation. The confirmation that it wasn't just my imagination, that no living creature could be that cold and still be living. Eventually, I was able to close my eyes; to break the never-ending stare that kept me captivated. I wildly hoped that all of this was a dream, that I would wake up as soon as I opened my eyes and everything would be normal. That both Dylan and Gazzy would be alive. But a part of me knew that this was reality and that there was no escaping it. Another part of me simply didn't want to meet the gaze of those blue eyes again. I shook my head and looked away from the body before I opened my eyes. That was when I noticed that Naomi's body was being racked with sobs. I took my hand that had been touching the corpse and placed in on her shoulder in a comforting way. Then I looked down again and hoped that I wouldn't follow in her footsteps and lose control....

(An hour I spent on my first work of art, and you put it to shame. Ah well, I will eventually build up to that...masterpiece. Well I guess I kind of did....but you know me! Everything is a competition. And that last parenthesis just made me feel the need to sacrifice sleep in order to win. Did the same thing with Snape vs. Lucius length of response as well Wink )
Maximum Ride

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Naomi: I furtively glanced up at Max and tired not to… I mean I tried with every little ounce of power within me not to flinch. Yeah. That didn’t work. “I’m-I’m sorry,” I murmured. I wanted to trust someone. Anyone really, but this whole situation just was not working out for me. All these dead people. I hadn’t even known them! I should be used to this by now because of the things that went on in the lab. I’d had my share of seeing the dead but for some reason this seemed so different. In the lab it was kinda like we were on some drug or something. The world had seemed dull and hazy. In a way, I guess it had kept us safe. Everything was so vivid and really now. Honestly, it was scaring the hell out of me. “I think we should get everyone together…” I wasn’t sure if this was the best idea since the murder had to be one of us but it was all we could do at the moment.

(Ah... what the heck. Forget all my quippy remarks to your gloating. I am way too lazy and uninteresting for a two page long response, m'kay? You win. Wink Hopefully this makes up for it though. )

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximum Ride on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:14 am

Max: I nodded at Naomi, "Yeah. Let's get everyone together." That sounded like a good idea - at least for the time being. We needed to make sure that everyone else was accounted for. I walked over to the stairs and began walking up them.

(First of all: *happy dance that I won* Second of all: *in awe* HOW DO YOU DO THAT?! I could so totally use that to kill people as Voldy!!!)
Maximum Ride

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:47 am

Naomi: I lingered a bit near the closet before taking off one of the coats and putting it over Gazzy's body. I patted the place where his head was. I had never really thought much about religion but at this moment I sincerely hoped there was a heaven.

Nudge: I stood at the top of the stairs and folded my arms looking worried. "What happened Max? Where's Gazzy?" I went down a few steps to meet her and look up at her.

(@Jerry quick! Nudge will be a distraction! @Max, I shall tell you soon enough. Patience young Grasshopper.)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:11 am

Jerry: I was standing in front of their house, ready to put in the camera's. I carefully opened the door and took a right into the kitchen, and placed a camera in the corner. Making my way back out through the other door I placed another next to the window at the end of the hallway. Down the hallway a bit I placed 2 more. I went into the living room and placed it in the corner right there so I could see the whole room. Out I went and backtracked a bit and went into Nudge's room and placed one. I left that room and went to the end of the hallway, placing one net to the stairs. Up the stairs I went and put one between the staircase and Max's room. I went into her room and placed one net to the wall. Then back into the hallway and placed another on the other side of the stairs. I placed 1 in Iggy's room, 1 in Gazzy's, and one in Fang's. Then the last one in a vent in the wall. Nut I had to use my screwdriver/spatula to open it. After all that was done I went up the stairs to the roof and did a ninja jump off it and landed silently. Then fading back into the night. Mission complete.

(hehe screwdriver/spatula it's 2 in one! Very Happy . Hopefully this is ok, i kinda made it up as i looked at the map for jerry cams)
Sky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 pm

(Excellent! Heheh. And you posted at 11:11! Even more excellent!)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximum Ride on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:25 am

Max: I stared at Nudge, "I don't know where he is," I answered truthfully, planning on explaining it at a better time.

(Kay, firstly: I am NOT a grasshopper, much less a young grasshopper. Secondly: I'm not gonna lie. Jerry is a creeper. Thirdly: 11:11 is an excellent time! (9:11 for me, but whatev ;D) ).
Maximum Ride

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Nudge: I crossed my arms over my chest. I knew she was lying to me. "Max...What happened? How did Naomi know all that about Gazzy?"

Naomi: I walked past Sky and up the first set of stairs awkwardly and looked up to see Nudge and Max talking. I waited not wanting to butt in. This was a real personal family situation. I knew that much.

(First of all: Okay, fine. You're a cricket. An old wrinkly wise cricket. Wink Secondly: Yesh. Yesh, he is. But him being a ninja with a screwdriver/spatula totally makes up for it. And Thirdly: Well I'm sorry you're in the wrong time zone! Come here! lolz jkjk.)

((P.S.: I finished reading Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel!!! It was INTENSE!))

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximum Ride on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Max: "She's seen him before and she wanted to know if the person she saw was really him." I didn't want to lie to Nudge, but I also didn't want to tell her what was really going on...yet.
Maximum Ride

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Nudge: I raised my eyebrows in a way that let Max know I was unconvinced but moved against the wall to let her through. I looked now the second set of stairs and saw Naomi at the bottom looking...disturbed. That whole Dylan thing had been pretty creepy and sad. I followed Max up.

Naomi: I caught Nudge's eye just before she followed Max up and glanced back at Sky. "You comin'?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximum Ride on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:16 am

Max: I turned back and looked at Sky as well.

(Ahem, totally did this to annoy you Naomi)
Maximum Ride

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Naomi: Waits for response.

(I totally did this to annoy you back...Well maybe not totally. Partially. I also did this just for fun and to procrastinate on the five-page research report I need to type and the book report powerpoint I need to finish...and then to annoy you. But you get the picture. Wink )

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next